Sunday, July 21, 2013

Work work wrok

I undisputedly and undeniably have learned my work ethic from my dad.  My entire life he has worked 6 days a week.  6 FULL and tiring days.  But I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed anyone work harder than my dad did when he was trying to build the cabin up north.  I remember that he would get up around 4 or so in the morning, work until 2 p.m. in the Valley and then head up north for his “2nd shift.”  There were many nights that we would walk into the house exhausted late at night because he had worked in one day the equivalent to what some do in a week.  He never complained.  He never said a word.  He just did it so we would have a nice place to go to escape.  I will forever be grateful for the cabin because it has always been a visible example of his dedication and hard work, but, more importantly, I will always be grateful for the quiet example that he set while building it.  That, to me, is even more valuable than the structure itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment