Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Loving Grandfather

My favorite memories of Jeff.

One of the memories that  stands out is the  day we moved into Riata home.  Our move in day happened to fall on a ward wide service day that involved the whole ward going out and cleaning all the ditches and canals in the ward boundaries as well as cleaning up the widows of the wards yards.  I loved going out and working alongside Jeff, perhaps because I knew how everybody knows Jeff for the service he renders, and knowing how much I want to emulate that example.  While I would knock down the mud and weeds from  the canal, Jeff would scrape away and level out the road with his tractor.  Afterwards, he took Eli and Liam around on the tractor and they loved it.  We worked all morning and into the afternoon, and I love him for setting that example of hard work to me, and for my boys to see that example as well.

Things I'll never forget:

-Liam sitting on Jeff's lap on his recliner while they watch westerns together
-His hash browns and eggs he makes on General Conference morning
-Will never forget Eli on Jeff's shoulders and Gail and Velmas land as he walked around and showed him the garden and horses. 
-How ticked off and passionate he gets when the government does something stupid or unnecessary
-His truck that is so destroyed but that he is so proud of how many miles he has put on it.
-How emotional he gets when he talked about the pioneers.
-How unconcerned he is with worldly things.
-How perfect of a home teacher he is.
-How Jeff will drop anything in order to help someone, even if he has just recently finished a long hard day working.

Jacob Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment