Friday, July 19, 2013

Service is his middle name

I will never forget the Saturday morning Jeff knocked on my door.  We were moving out of the home in Western Skies and it was about 7:00 AM.  Charlee was on her way out the door with all the kids going to some stupid charity event for one of her friends.  I felt like a lonesome loser not ready to take on the awful task of moving.  I was clearly unprepared.  I didn’t even have a truck set up yet to haul anything.  Sure, I had other members of our ward coming to help but I didn’t know who, how many, or when anyone might come.  Then there was Uncle Jeff.  Showing up out of the blue with his lopsided grin.  I had no clue he was going to be there.  Not even a phone call.  He just showed up like one of the three Nephites being conjured up out of thin air roaming the country side ready to serve.  With his beat up truck and trailer in tow, he just said, “Ready to get started?”. 

For three straight days, he helped move our entire house.  The guy moved like a machine.  With eight in our family at the time, it was no small feat to move all of the junk we had accumulated.  I will never forget him doing that for me and my family.  To top it off, he brought us dinner that Sunday afternoon knowing the stress of moving. 

If you could pinpoint specific answers in my life to prayer, it has Jeff (& Vicki) Kartchner written all over it.  They say Heavenly Father uses other people to help answer prayers for His children.  I firmly know that now.

With Love,
The Haueter’s
Written by Ryan Haueter

No comments:

Post a Comment