Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Great example to the youth

When looking back at Bro Kartchner, I will always remeber what an easy going personality he had and how he served the Young Men and others.  One time we went to Mexico for some Eagle Projects and had a bunch of us down there.  All the leaders were hanging out in the Robinsons house and the Young Men all piled into Bro Kartchners light blue work truck and Lee took us all sand dunning up and down the hills and beach in Rocky Point.  When we came back and the leaders found out what we were doing, I remember some of them getting unpleasent looks on their faces but Bro Kartchner didn't yell or get mad, he was patient and shrugged it off.  He taught me to be patient with the Young Men and have a good time with them and not just try to get after them for everything they do wrong.......I also home taught the Kartchners when I was a teacher with Bro Stevens for a year or two.  Every month we would show up and a lot of times I'm sure I gave terrible lessons but Bro Kartchner and everyone else was always respectful and made me feel comfortable when at that point in my life, I didn't like doing that stuff.  I never dreaded going over there and having to teach because of the way they made me feel.....Lastly, while I was on my mission Bro Kartchner helped remodel my parents home.  I came home and the place was completly different.  I also remember every tiny little thing that went wrong at our house, my parents would immediatly say "call Jeff" and see if he can fix it.  He came over multiple times to take care of emergencies and he never looked annoyed or ticked that we kept hasseling him to fix our problems.  Bro Kartchner set them bar high for people like me on how I should treat the youth or other people that I get to work with.
 
Craig Copple 

No comments:

Post a Comment