Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Good and Goldy Man

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
I'm not sure how to put years of memories into a few words, but I'll give it a try.  The very first thing that came to my mind was you are a GOOD and GODLY man.  I remember years ( and I do mean YEARS) ago having help building huts for Cultural Refinment RS lessons in the Lindsey-Guadalupe building.  You and Delwyn (especially you) never did much grumbling.  That goes for anything anyone would ask of you.
 
You are a great friend to everyone especially my good husband.  There have beens highs and lows for all of us over the years, raising our kids together.  I remember looking out the doll house window one night and seeing Jeral and Stephanie (when they were first dating) parked there and wondering...; what really goes on that we (the parents) don't have a clue about. 
 
The generous nature you have has been a blessing to almost everyone I know. 
 
I came across this scripture this morning in 3 Nephi 12:40-42 :
"And if any man will sue thee at the law and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also; And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn thou not away"
 
That scripture is a description of YOU!  You love the Lord, your wife,kids and grandchildren- then add to that friends and anyone you meet and what more could you ask for?!
 
My whole family loves and admires the man you are,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment