Sunday, July 21, 2013

Impressive

Jeff,

The better that I have gotten to know Stacy and the Kartchner family the more that I have come realize what an amazing family she comes from and specifically what an amazing dad she has.  I have loved hearing Stacy's stories of what a fun and loving grandfather you are.  Watching old westerns with Liam, eating whole chickens from Sam's club with Eli and Liam, and loving on Lilia.  You are definitely a man who lives for others.  Carson loved going to the Riata house and having "tractor rides with Eli's grandpa." 

I have always been envious as well that Stacy has a dad who can fix anything and build anything.  That is such a talent!!  It has been fun to see your handy work in Stacy, Linda, Allison, and Julie's homes.  You have pretty much become the Ash family handy man as well.
I loved hearing Stacy's stories of you overcoming your diabetes.  I have type two diabetes that runs in my family and it is something that I personally think about a lot.  I was sooo impressed to hear about all of the lifestyle changes that you made and that you became diabetes free.  It was such an example to me of self control and discipline.  Thank you for being that example!  Those are such amazing traits for your children and grandchildren to see and it is good for me to see as well. 
I hope that you have a very, very Happy Birthday!
Love,
Katie Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment