Monday, July 22, 2013

Pride

I believe this moment is one of the moments I felt the most pride about my dad. I am sure there were others but this was the one that stands out the most. I was at Utah State we were playing the University of Utah. Now it doesn't take a person familiar with volleyball to know the one program was much better then the other and it was obvious we were going to get our butts kicked. In college games it best of 5 playing to 30 and after 2 games you go to the locker room for a big break and team time out. We were getting slaughtered! My coach was furious and was yelling at us for how poorly were were playing. I remember I cared but I didn't because I wasn't playing and they were still considering red shirting me that year so I knew they were not going to be putting me in. As my coach is yelling at us he is yelling things likes we don't know what hard work is and blah blah blah. Then he points at me  "This girls dad worked a 90 plus hour week. Drove up in the middle of the night to watch you guys play. All this and his daughter is on the bench!" I think this story should embarrass me to no end, my team is loosing and I am not even playing! However I was so proud of my dad. I was like ya my dad is awesome. He loves me so much. He supports me so much. I would love to tell you that this turned my team around and we ended up winning that game but that wasn't the ending to this story. I would love to tell you I played, but I don't even remember if I did. All I do know is that wasn't the lesson I learned that day. I learned that I was lucky I had a dad who loves me, supports me, and was very proud of me. I already knew this but it was a wonderful reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment