Friday, July 19, 2013

Charity and Kindness, a good friend, too.

My house is in constant need of fix up, and updating  Jeff has helped me keep my home in good repair, and making improvements.  Sometimes the fixes aren't easy, and take some creative thinking.  Here is an example:  we had a 200 gallon underground propane tank that we needed to abandon.  We thought about the options, and decided to just leave it in the ground, but how do we completely empty out the tank of gas?  Jeff came up with the idea to burn off the residual gas by using fittings and hooking it up to our barbeque.  To our surprise, the barbeque didn't burn for a few hours, it burned for days, maybe a week.  We called it the eternal flame.  
 
That's just an example of Jeff's creativity, and he thinks about a problem, and solves it.  He's an encyclopedia of information on anything inside a house, or outside.  He can fix anything, I think.
Also, when I was called to be Relief Society president, Jeff came to my door, and told me that if there was a need in the ward, something that needed to be fixed, that I could call him.  He quietly serves whenever he can, what an example to me.  I also felt he was a support to me, in my new calling. 
Jeff, you are an example of charity and kindness, a good friend, too.
Happy birthday wishes,
Leslie Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment