Monday, July 22, 2013

Sitting in the car

Growing up in the same house as my dad, you would think that I would be more on time to things.  But, unfortunately, I have NOT inherited my dad’s punctuality.  There is a time when this wonderful and enviable attribute actually drove a little wedge into Sunday mornings at our house.  My mom is where I got my sense of timing from and when she and I were not in the car heading to church at least 15-30 (yes, sometimes, 30) minutes early on Sunday, my dad would sit out in the car and honk the horn periodically until we came.  At first, it worked.  We would definitely hustle a little faster.  But, after a few weeks of him pushing us to get done even earlier, we almost rebelled against it.  Finally, my mom had to lovingly ask my dad to drive separately to church.  She said that she was having a hard time feeling the Spirit on Sunday if dad was going to keep making her angry by honking the horn.  He lovingly took her advice.  To this day, if you see my mom and dad occasionally drive somewhere separately, now you know why.

Steph

Being the younger sibling my memory of  this is a little different. I am always on time got it from my Dad. He taught me be early to be on time. I remember Debbie and I being too afraid of my dads wrath and we were always in the car with him waiting for my mom. 90% of the time my mom would finally get in the car and we would be on a marry little way. Other times one or both would be just a tad grumpy. 

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment