Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Created a Legacy

Happy Birthday Jeffery!!!!

Where do I start???? I’ll always remember getting validation on saying DAMN, SHIT and HELL working for you each summer of my teenage life.  I told you the other night but I’ll always remember whenever I needed a few bucks for a HOT date and I found myself a little light because of course I blew through my pay check faster than water, I always knew where to make a withdraw from the ATM of Jeff Kartchner.  That blue money bag hidden under the front seat of your pickup truck sure bailed me out.  It’s been so long ago & I’m sure I either paid it back or made sure to work extra hours so I didn’t feel guilty for getting an advance that you never knew about.

I will always be indebted to you for teaching me the value of Service.  I will always be grateful to you and my Dad for teaching me how important it is to serve others.  I have always looked up to both of you for that example in my life.

So now time for some memories:

Driving down the Beeline either headed to work on the Cabin or headed to Springerville to work on Bob Yost’s cabin and watching that dumb dog jump right out of the back of your truck while doing 65mph.  I think Vickie was behind us and that dog hit the road rolled a few times and then took off running with road rash all over the place.  Stupid dog.

Standing 30’ in the air hauling the heaviest beam I remember lifting in 25 mile an hour winds building Bob’s Mansion of a Cabin.  Working until I couldn’t lift my arms anymore and then heading into town to sleep on the floor at the Hotel, where I learned how to light my farts on fire.  Funniest thing I ever learned how to do!!!!

What I appreciate most is learning the value of hard work, but more importantly was your testimony.  Between you and Dad we would get to sit in Priest’s Quorum and almost without fail no matter what the lesson topic was we always ended up on not Masturbating & keeping our hands off our girlfriends.

I love you for all you have taught me and for the amazing example you have been to me all my life.  Moving back into my home Ward has been such a treat for me, I know you and Dad just sit back and laugh as I am now dealing with the same knuckle heads just like you 2 did 25yrs ago and surprisingly our topics each Sunday haven’t changed much.

I want to end with making sure you know that Dad considers you his Best Friend and probably the only guy that would load whatever was needed week after week and haul it to the Indians.  I know he Loves you very much and appreciates the friendship you have developed over all these years you 2 really are my HEROS and for that I thank you!!!!

I hope you have a great Birthday & that you are very proud of the Legacy you have created!!!!

Derec Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment