Friday, July 19, 2013

An Expert in his Feild

I recall having to appraise a really trashed out house for a condemnation project in Gilbert.
The property owner claimed he could rehab the house for some ridiculously low amount of money. I didn’t believe it was financially feasible.
I was really stressed out about the whole thing. 
The thought came to me to hire a reliable and knowledgeable contractor. I called Jeff and discussed the problem with him.
He came out to the property and did a thorough assessment of all the work that needed to be done. He prepared a summary of the costs for repairs.
It was much higher than the property owner’s estimate but more realistic and prepared by a contractor.
The property owner finally realized his own cost estimates were too low. I completed the appraisal using Jeff’s assessment of the costs.
The property owner eventually accepted my appraisal and the case was settled out of court. Jeff’s expertise helped the city to avoid a condemnation battle.

Marc Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment