Sunday, July 21, 2013

Shoot me when...



Since I prefer to keep things on the comical side, I will share a story about Jeff that I find hilarious, even though Stephanie may decide to omit this one.   However if you are reading this, then she must have given it the OK.  Several years ago Jeff and I were standing in the foyer at church.   I don't remember if we were there for regular church or for some other event being held there, but as we were talking, an old man who we didn't know walked by.   He was your typical sweet looking old man.   He sort of reminded me of President Hinkley, as they all do once they get old enough.   He was walking by so slowly you could have gotten down on your hands and knees and crawled faster.   What caught Jeff’s and my eyes, or rather ears I should say, was that as the old man walked along, he was farting.  A lot.  And he seemed to have no clue whatsoever that he was doing it.  We both laughed a bit and Jeff said, “If I ever get like that, just shoot me.”  I’ve remembered that line ever since.  The reason I’ve remember that line, is because I have heard Jeff on several occasions do that very thing!  And every time, two thoughts have come to my mind.  The first:  “Well, Jeff would like me to shoot him right now but I don’t have a gun,” and the second, “If I ever get like that, I hope someone shoots me too!”  I guess the real circle of life is going from being young and thinking that you need to be shot if you get old and fart uncontrollably and unknowingly to actually getting old and farting uncontrollably and unknowingly!

Jerel Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment