Monday, July 22, 2013

Back in my day

I get a kick out of hearing stories about when dad was a kid.  Growing up, Grandma Bev worked a lot and the kids often relied on each other to get things done.  I also know that funds were scarce and that they often had to make due with what they had.  But, there also was no shortage of antics that went on.  However, there is one story that dad tried to pull on me once that I simply do NOT believe… it is his real life “walking to school in snow, uphill both ways” story and it is this… He said that they used to have 1 pencil in the house and that the kids would have to share it.  That they would have to ration out times where they could complete their homework to make use of this 1 cherished pencil.  Sorry, dad… I’m not buying THAT one.

Steph

I would like to add in my version of the story that pencil DIDN'T EVEN HAVE AN ERASER! 
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment