Monday, July 22, 2013

Family is his everything



There are many things I could write about Jeff Kartchner.  First and foremost, Jeff is my friend.  I do not find any guile in him.  Jeff has rendered countless hours of service to many.  But that does not define Jeff.  Our family has been aligned with Jeff’s family for years and years.  We have experienced many things and have grown to love Jeff, Vickie and their family almost as much as our own.
I still remember one thing Jeff said years ago, as we were with the scouts camped at Roosevelt Dam.  We had been visiting and our visit turned to our families.  I still remember Jeff saying, as though it were yesterday, “Vickie is everything to me.  I couldn’t live without her”.  Vickie and Jeff’s family have meant everything to Jeff.
I find it difficult to write of my memories of Jeff.  It brings tears to my eyes. 
Jeff---I wish you a Happy Birthday and know that you have won life’s challenges.  Your mansion is secure.  Your faith is firm.  I look up to you!

Ken Copple

No comments:

Post a Comment