Thursday, July 25, 2013

Family Man, Friend and Servant

Happy Birthday Jeff. What a life you've lived. I've know you for more then thirty year and feel like our lives have enter-wined like brothers. I've been blessed by your friendship and your continual acts of service. I couldn't even get out of my basement if it weren't for your custom made handrail you designed and installed for me. I'd probably still be hanging out there if it weren't for you.

I remember the first time I saw you ski. We had take a group of Young Men up to Sunrise. I was raised in the snow but I never developed your skills. I watched you and thought, "Now there is one coordinated Dude." It just seemed to me that you could do it all.

With all of you service I am sure you have gone through several pick-ups taking the youth on activities. You've hauled kids all over the state time and time again, never asking for help or any financial reimbursement. The Lord loves you for all of that.

When I think of your skills, there are only three other people that I know that are your equal. One is my father-in-law, Dan Thompson, my brother - in law and our brother in the ward, Ralph Mousseau. You are a dying breed and one that can't be replaced. People can use the computer, but who in the world is there that can problem solve, build and create things of beauty like Jeff Kartchner, and usually for half the cost. If there had been more of you Jeff, you wouldn't have had to work so hard.

Suzie and I were talking. We can't remember a time when your kids were growing up that you didn't have one of them in your truck going someplace together. Little Stephanie was the apple of you eye and everyone knew it. Then Jefferey came along. We all called him Lee Lee. He looked up to you and carried your big broad smile. You were surprised when you baby Stacy came along and you one day had to look up to her. It is no secret to anyone that each of the Grandchildren, stole your heart. Yes, your family has always been number one with you and you'd be the first to admit that many of your blessings have come from being a partner with you smart capable and wonderful wife Vickie.

Suzie and I love you Jeff. You ahve endurded and hung in with such bravery. We are sorry you've had to suffere so much and hope that soon you will be doing and feeling better. We need our old problem solver to be up and going if the good Lord is willin. When you are read, just let me know and we'll go buy the meal of your choice. You deserve the best.
Happy Birthday dear brother-

Suanne & Mike Huso

No comments:

Post a Comment