Friday, July 19, 2013

Loves Temples

Just before I started the 5th grade my dad took some young men up to Utah to do a project for Shane Wright. He thought it was a good idea for me to come too. I remember he was so cute with me and bought me these passes to the Alpine Slide, so that I could have fun and pretty much ride it all I wanted. One day my dad and I left the crowd and headed to Salt Lake City to see the temple. I believe this was my first time ever seeing it. My dad was still on crutches from his leg injury and was just barley starting to get around on them. It was pretty busy time of day and I don't know why but I remember being rushed. I think we had somewhere to be and we only had a short time to see the temple. The light changed and it was our turn to cross the street but we were not at the light yet. My dad told me to cross still and we were pretty much at the end and probably shouldn't have crossed. That when my dad picked up both of his crutches and ran across the street. I am 100% positive if my mom saw it she would have flipped. I am also 100% positive this was very hard for him to do and extremely painful. One more thing I am sure of is that my dad did not care about any of it. He was going to take me to the temple, we were going to have this moment together and it really mattered to him. This was a time that with out even knowing it my dad shared his testimony of temples and showed his love for them. If I close my eyes I can still see him running across the street with a little grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment