Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blessed to know you

Our dear Jeff,
    Our hearts are full of love & friendship as we reflect on the many times you have touched our lives and the lives of all who were in need of the service you were so willing to give.  Even tonight, sister Judy McCullough was telling me how you fixed her roof, and the Bishop (who was there to give her a blessing) said he didn't think there was a person in the ward who wasn't touched or helped by your hand.  We all deeply appreciate your example of service... in the Kingdom, in the lives of your friends & neighbors, and in the lives of your precious family.   I know you will continue to be a powerful influence for good in the lives of your children and grandchildren who you cherish.  (And who cherish you.)  They will feel your influence and love again and again, and will reflect on your example & the goodness of your life often.
    I especially remember, Jeff, the night your knee was hurt at that youth activity.  I remember the work and love you put into preparing those "mud holes" so the kids could have a memorable & fun evening.  I also remember the fun your dear friends were having as they drug you to throw you in; and the look of pain, fear and anguish on their faces as they realized what had happened during that fall.  I remember the weeks & months of prayers in your behalf and the love and gratitude I felt one evening as I stopped to bring a meal & see how you were doing.  You always make others feel welcome & appreciated and just better for being there. I also remember one evening when I was out walking with my knee brace...you stopped and complemented me...I felt the empathy you radiated and really appreciated your taking the time to let me know "you understood" the effort it was.
    Your example of faith & fortitude and devotion through this greatest of all trials will ever be a cherished memory for me.  I loved looking on your countenance during church...your humility, gratitude, and purity along with the light of Christ, all seemed to envelop you as you reverently cherished just being able to be there..  Your testimonies borne from the pulpit resonated the love & gratitude you felt for your Savior and your dear family.  We also felt your love for us, your Ward Family, and felt it an honor to have had the privilege to fast & pray in your behalf.  WE have been blessed, dear Jeff, and always will be..Because we know you.  I'm not sure what it is He's got lined up for you, dear friend, but it must be pretty important or you'd be out there driving your tractor right now!
     May His most choice blessings ever be yours, and may you always remember that you are loved, appreciated, and revered as one of His noble & great ones....
.All our love,  Dale & Jody Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment