Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grateful hearts

Happy Birthday Brother Kartchner! My first memories of you are of hanging out at your house with Stephanie when we were young. You were always the one around to take us someplace or ask about our “plans”. I was always jealous that you were so laid back when it seemed, at the time, that my own parents were so strict. For as long as I can remember you have been to the “go to” guy when anything around the house needed fixing or remodeling. You’ve helped my family on more projects than I can even remember and always did things in a way that we knew you were looking out for us and taking care of us. I’ll never forget the time your workers were re-roofing our house. I had just gotten out of the shower, wrapped in a towel and walked into my bedroom when one of your workers fell through my bedroom ceiling. I don’t know who was more shocked or embarrassed. As I’ve grown into adulthood I’ve come to appreciate you on a whole new level. Your service across the ward is renowned. You leave friends and grateful hearts everywhere you go. I appreciate the warmth and sincerity you’ve always shown me personally. It has meant so much to know that you care about me and what is going on in my life. You were so quick to help me fit back in with my parents, and help make the necessary adjustments to our home. And now, even when you are your sickest, you’ve gone out of your way to serve me and take care of me the best you could. I am grateful for your example and friendship. I fasted for you this last Sunday and prayed that you might feel loved and comforted during this difficult time. You will continue to be in my prayers!

Candice Copple

No comments:

Post a Comment