Monday, July 22, 2013

Ding Dong Ditchers Beware

Dad really does not dislike much.  He’s a pretty “go with the flow” kind of guy.  But one thing that he is not fond of (besides long lines at restaurants and phone/door sales people) is ding dong ditchers.  I remember one Saturday night back in the Riata house when some ding dong ditchers thought it would be funny to prank our house pretty late at night.  Dad was already very settled in for the evening and had stripped down to his garments.  He wandered out to the door to see the shadows of some kids taking off down an adjoining street.  I honestly thought that he would just shut the door and call it a night (after all, he was stripped down to his skivvies), but the next thing I knew, he was gone.  I mean really gone.  He took off running after those kids as fast as I’ve seen anyone run.  In nothing but his garments and bare feet, my dad caught those kids nearly at where my & Jerel’s house is now.  I do not know what he did once he caught them, but all I know is that his feet were bleeding when he got back from running so fast and those kids never ding dong ditched us again.
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment