Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Strong Service


Jeff

You must have a very strong "service" gene because I don't know anyone so willing to help others as you.  While serving as a bishop, you were anxious to find those who needed special help with any kind of housing problems and I couldn't keep you busy enough so you went to Delwyn Bradshaw and he kept you busy on the Indian Reservation.  All this you do out of the goodness of your heart.

Another strength that you have is your strong testimony of the temple.  I'm sure part of that testimony is found in the fact that again you are able to truly serve those in the temple both the living and the dead.  I think of the testimony that you have born a number of times in our ward testimony meeting and the Spirit is strong in you.  

You have been given the spiritual gift of faith.  I've seen you in pain and felt your faith while giving you a priesthood blessing.  We hope that yours and Vicki's examples rub off on us.

Thanks so much for being a loving and caring home teacher.  I will never forget the time you were fighting your battle and took the time either by yourself or through your sweet wife Vicki to check on us as your home teaching family.   This is typical of you to be thinking of others when you had plenty to be concerned about yourself.  Our lives are blessed because of the wonderful Spirit you bring into our home when you home teach.

I'm sure there are humorous memories that I could share but cannot think of any right now.  I suspect that if I could remember something funny it would probably involve you and Delwyn Bradshaw or Brad Barrett - you guys know how to enjoy life and be loyal friends.  We are so grateful for our friendship with you and Vicki along with your family.  

We hope you enjoy every minute of your Birthday and please know we pray for you.   
 
Chris Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment