Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fun Memories


Hi Bro Kartchner,
 
Just wanted to share a short note with you to let you know we are thinking about you! You have been one of my favorite leaders/people in the Gilbert 9th Ward. A couple memories I had:
 
- Camp Geronimo - When I think of Camp Geronimo I think about you waking up some of the lazier people with the garden hose at 5am in the morning to do the Polar Bear Ice Swim (I'm almost positive that was you... At least I always give you the credit!).
 
Work Truck - I could always spot you in the neighborhood with your truck! I can't believe how many miles and people you let drive that truck! I was shocked when you got a new truck and thought it must have finally died until you mentioned someone stole it! How could anyone steal a treasure like that?
 
- Remodeling - When you remodeled my parents house I remember following you around and asking tons of questions trying to learn a few things! I often still think about that remodel job you did! I am still amazed of what the kitchen was before and after. I also think you helped me put a new door on my first house. I got a great deal on a beautiful door, but was wondering how was I going to get it on? I then had the thought I know I can asked Brother Kartchner. He can definitely do that!
 
Thanks for the fun memories and good example you've set for me! You'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Happy Birthday!
 
Matt Copple

2 comments:

  1. Stacy's Dad..

    I Remember Growin Up with Stacy she had a Spell on Uncle Jeff... She would pinch.. Rub.. on those thick ear lobes of his and turn around and get WHATEVER I mean Seriously WHATEVER she WANTED from her Dad... So I thought hey i Wanna Turn.... Dah... What the Heck it was like a Genie Lamp.... Poof get what yu want...
    Oh Uncle Jeff and his brothers & sisters Talk using their own language they use a Slang it is Hilarious to watch them in a room together.. nobody else can follow or understand the conversation but them...
    and sit them all down to eat corn on the cob.. i don't think they swallow the corn yu look up and yu can't see their teeth full of corn they sucked off the cob...
    but they are Loyal and they look after
    one another.. I Remember goin to Uncle Jeff's Cabin and nearly drowning in the frozen pond... My cousin Sarah saved me..

    Uncle Jeff and i share Birthdays in the month of July so i felt special.. I always looked up to Uncle Jeff I remember on Holidays and Family get togethers Uncle always gave the Blessing & Prayers..

    Love Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Jeff..
    I Remember Growing Up with Stacy she had a Spell on Uncle Jeff.. She would Rub..Rub.. on those thick ear lobes of his and turn around and get WHATEVER I mean Seriously WHATEVER she WANTED from her Dad... So i thought Hey i Wanna Turn.. Dah... What the Heck.. it was like a Genie Lamp.. Poof get what yu want...
    Uncle Jeff and his brothers and sisters use their Redneck Slang when they talk... it's Hilarious to listen and watch them together.. nobody else can follow or understand the conversation but them.. I could listen and be entertained for hours...
    Sit them all down to eat corn on the cob.. i don't think they swallow the corn.. yu look up and all the corn is stuck up in their teeth and they just laugh about it.. just watchin him Laugh made me start Cracking up...
    We all sit on a bench at the family reunions and everyone gets a kick out of watching them Chowing down...
    He would just show up say Hi and off to the next project.... He was A Great Example of Hard Work... I Admired that in him...
    I remember going to Uncle Jeff's cabin and nearly drowning in the frozen pond.. My cousin Sarah saved me.. I was seriously Tramautized.. My favorite thing at the cabin was Spotlighting for elk.. deer.. moose.. Uncle Jeff thru everyone in the back of his truck and he drove around the forest Shining his big Spotlight out in the dark looking for animals..
    I share Birthdays in the month of July with Uncle Jeff.. Uncle Bill.. Aunt Crystal so I felt Special..
    I always looked up to Uncle Jeff.. I remember through out my life on Holidays and Family get togethers he always gave the Blessing and Prayers...
    Love you so much Uncle Jeff.. Thankyou for all of the FUN Memories...

    Love Brigitte

    ReplyDelete