Monday, July 22, 2013

The Booger Nova

I was 15 years old and I had a home volleyball game. When you have home games the players families take turns feeding the team. It was our turn and my dad called me to have a friend meet him in the parking lot to help bring in the food. I walked out front and couldn't find him. This was the days before cell phones were affordable so I obviously didn't have one. So we kind of wandered for a second looking for him. Then I heard a loud engine and a horn honk. On the edge of the parking lot a saw a pale green car with a black roof and my dad standing next to it. I felt like I had suddenly warped back to the 70's and this was the cool kid in high school with his cool car. I walked up to my dad and asked him what the heck this car was. He said it was mine. (now watch the brat in me just crawl out) I HATED IT!! It was old, had no AC, and their were dice hanging from the mirror and my gear shift also had a pair of dice on it. I felt like it was a pimps car!

Now looking back this car wasn't all bad...well it wasn't THAT bad. It had some sweet exhausts, it was in mint condition and if it was 1973 I would have been the coolest kid in school. I'm lucky that my dad even got me a car then to top it off I wasn't even 16 yet. It was booger green, and it didn't have AC those two things pretty much killed me. No actually the car did almost kill me a few times! It would randomly stall in intersections and the gas gauge didn't work properly so I would run out of gas in random places! I drove this car around for a while, but then Lee totaled it. I can tell you there was no love lost there for me.

(This wasn't the actual car but it looked just like this. How the black leather top. Was green and had the rims.)
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment