Sunday, July 21, 2013

Whitty

I don’t know why I keep gravitating to the funny stories, instead of the serious ones.  Maybe because it makes my heart feel a little lighter.

Dad tickled my funny bone recently when we were heading up to the cabin for the 4th of July celebration just this year (2013).  Stacy and her family had already gone up and had been there for some time with some friends when they quickly came to realize that the water was not on.  Typically this is expected and really no problem as it just involves a tiny trek up the hill and the use of a tool make the world right again.  That is, until you realize that “the tool” is gone.  Dad called Jerel and I while we were driving to give Jerel some pointers on how he may be able to use leverage and some of the existing items at the cabin to get it to turn on.  When Jerel handed the phone back to me, I asked dad what happened to “the tool.”  He said, “I don’t know, I think Jacob lost it that last time he was up there.” I said, “Shoot, why’d he do that?” To which dad lovingly, but sarcastically replied, “I don’t know. Same reason why it takes you 4 hours to get to the cabin when it’s only an hour and a half away.”

Maybe I should say that my family isn’t the best at leaving exactly when we say we are going to and it drives my dad nuts…

No comments:

Post a Comment