Friday, July 19, 2013

Loving Uncle

I have a lot of stories that will be fun to recall.  This is the first story that came immediately to my mind.

Several years ago Ronnie sawed through most of his wrist, severing tendons, etc.  He was unable to work for several weeks.  Things became very tight with our household budget.  

Our family made the annual traditional trek to Snowflake for Pioneer Days.  We all loved it so much then ....... when Ronnie's parents and his siblings all lived on the same block.  The kids loved it with all their cousins and the parade and rodeo.  

Uncle Jeff gave each of our kids a $20 bill to spend during the festivities.  He also gave the other cousins there a $20 bill so it did not seem like a handout to my kids. Later in the day I noticed a $100 bill in my wallet.  I knew I did not have this money in my purse.  I immediately knew that Jeff had slipped the money into my wallet, anonymously, to make it more fun for me to have some extra money to spend over the weekend.

I am crying now as I type this..........remembering how thoughtful it was for him to handle the gifts in such a kind way.

Carma

No comments:

Post a Comment