Monday, July 22, 2013

Mr Fix it

Dear Stacy's Dad, (that's how we referred to you as kids; which is a good thing because that way you never loose the title of Dad!)

I don't have a specific story in mind, just flashes of great memories that involved the Kartchner family and home. Like the fact that I always thought of you as Mr. Fix it. You were always doing something, tinkering or repairing things.

I also remember how much I loved coming over to your house. And not just for the amazing pantry you guys had that was always full of delicious stuff! But because it always felt warm and cozy there. We always laughed a lot and sometimes got into trouble ;-), but hey we were kids! (And by kids I mean teenagers, which is worse as we were way more difficult to deal with!

Another thing I remember is the fun we had with the Chevy Nova! I lost count at how many times it stalled in an intersection and we had to give it a push here and there. Stacy would always be so embarrassed about it, but I thought it was a fun car. However, the suburban was a great deal safer but not nearly as adventurous!

All in all I'm very glad that Stacy played volleyball, became best friends with Nina and that they allowed me to hang out with them. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to know you all. I love you all and can't wait to see you again. There is still that possibility of me becoming family! Stacy and Jacob are always trying to fix me up with some relative!

Thanks again for welcoming me into your home.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment